Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Mother's Prayer (shared by a N@wie)

O God, help me always appreciate the most important task of home making.

Remind me of this when I am tired of household chores and caring for the children.

Help me realize how much my husband and children needed me,
and grant me understanding when they take me for granted.

Grant me strength when I am tired, weary and stressed.

Calm me when I am impatient, irritable and angry.


Bless my husband that he may be dedicated to the family.

Bless my children, that they be healthy in body and soul.

Let our family relationships be loving and joyous;
our communication trusting and attentive.


When the children grow up, may I be gracious in letting them go,
and they be strengthened to fulfill their responsibilities in society and church.


This I ask in Jesus name.

Amen.